



Since I didn't start updating my blog until right after Zoe's birthday, I wanted to post a little bit about our celebration last week. It was such a great weekend! Friday we traveled to Cheney and stayed with a dear friend for the night.
Saturday morning we were able to go to the state track meet at EWU and watch Casey, a young man from our school and ward participate in the shot put (see Sam's photo below). He did an amazing job! Our only regret was we only got to watch one of his events - and we weren't able to see our other local athlete/friend Marcus compete. They both did very well!
After the meet, we headed to Spokane to ride the historic carousel at Riverfront Park. It was Zoe's first time! I loved taking the kids; I have so many fond memories of riding the carousel as a child.I remember the first time I was tall enough to reach the rings as the horses sped round and round. And to make it even more fun, Sam got the gold ring!
After the carousel we enjoyed the highlight of the day. WICKED! It was Zoe's 1st major musical, and she loved it. We all did! Still makes me smile to think of it, and Zoe said it was her best birthday ever! We finished up the day with pie ala mode at Cyrus O'Learys - YUM - and a visit to the cemetery to put flowers on the grandmas' graves for Memorial Day. It was a lovely day.
Now, to steal an idea from my friend Shannon, I am going to do something fun to celebrate Zoe's eighth birthday - share eight things I love about her. 1. She is kind and loving. 1. She has a terrific sense of humor and can always make me laugh out loud. 3. She gives the best hugs and kisses. 4. She is a very fun Zumba partner, and an amazing dancer. 5. She is a very loving little sister. 6. She's a great reader - and also very fun to read to at bedtime. 7. She gets excited about learning new things. 8. She loves flowers. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE!
What a perfect birthday celebration! Happy 8th Birthday, Zoe!
ReplyDelete