Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Saturday Morning


"Promises are like the full moon. If they are not kept at once, they diminish day by day."
German proverb quoted by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, June 2011 Ensign

Not that the quote goes with either of the photos I posted, but I really like it. It's a great visual reminder of how important it is to act, to be committed to actually move forward, not just dwell in good intentions.

It's been a lovely, lazy Saturday morning. Laundry and chores, fun breakfast with kids (and Sam's friend Joe), car washing, push ups and planks (with Zoe on back for added weight - Phillip won that competition) and lots of piano, sax and trumpet music, courtesy of the boys. I taped their piano/sax rendition of In the Mood to send to Graham. These guys are so talented! Makes me smile.

Below: Sam (in orange) with other swimmers brave enough to swim in the still very cold lake, after they helped gather the large amounts of driftwood that fill the bay each morning.

3 comments:

  1. I like the quote, we should post a before and after picture of the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quote - I need to remember that one.

    Thanks for hosting Joe; he was very impressed with breakfast, and told me right when we got home "we had bacon!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it was low sodium bacon. :)

    ReplyDelete