Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wow, is this really summer?

The roses are in full bloom, which means summer is officially here, but I feel like I'm still stuck in spring. Time flies so fast it's sometimes hard to comprehend. My recent days have gone by in a blur, lots of work at the hospital. By the time I get home, I'm exhausted. I make dinner and then crash on the couch with the kids to visit - or curl in the down blanket and watch an episode of Sponge Bob together before bed.

But there have been a few summery moments!
  • Picking Zoe up from the water slides last week - it was sunny and warm - and it absolutely smelled like summer! Loved watching Zoe go down the tube slides with her friends, the first time she's been big enough to go without a grownup
  • My morning walks with Shannon and Carrie - nothing beats getting out before 7 to walk together, enjoying the exercise and beautiful views of lake and mountains
  • A quick trip to Seattle to attend an all-day film-making workshop - especially enjoyed an 8-mile bike ride on the Burke-Gilman trail with kids the night before the class
  • Clipping roses in the early morning
  • Signing Zoe up for library summer reading program
Alas, not a lot of moments. But enough to give me a taste of the fun to come. Excited for summer to really start, to begin my new schedule of two 10-hour work days, so that I can devote the rest of the days to kid time at home.

1 comment:

  1. And don't forget our alphabet trip! We will squeeze sweet moments out of each day like fresh lemonade! ;)

    ReplyDelete